My Blog..

This blog is a place for me to record my work and anything about graphic design that inspires me. 
Enjoy :)

Tuesday 5 May 2009

Just a little something...

This was something that caught my eye on the Hyperakt Design Group Blog. The write up that comes with it is as follows...
http://www.hyperakt.com/blog/tag/graphic-design/

Design vs. Life
Matthew Anderson | Books, Graphic Design | Monday, July 7th, 2008

Over the weekend I picked up Michael Bierut’s book Seventy-nine Short Essays on Design. Number one in the volume is a must-read piece called Warning: May Contain Non-Design Content. The essay, which was originally published on Design Observer, makes some noteworthy comments on the importance of design that is informed by life, not the other way around. I applaud Mr. Bierut’s words.

On a similar, less tasteful note, I ffffound this commentary over the weekend too. “Pardon my French,” states the author. “Really, I’m not usually such a potty mouth. [But] is anyone else thinking this?”

No comments: