My Blog..

This blog is a place for me to record my work and anything about graphic design that inspires me. 
Enjoy :)

Thursday 9 October 2008

Don't Panic competition..

This week i was set a one day brief, to design a poster for the 'Don't Panic' pack using the word 'machine' as my theme. I decided that I wanted to try and do something in an illustrative style. A style more like the type that I am interested in myself and inspired by. I came up with a couple of final designs and had difficulty chosing which one to enter. I chose the cogs pattern in the end, however still liked my juke box idea. The juke box idea came about by trying to think of machinery that played music as i wanted to encorperate music into it somehow as that is a big inspiration of mine. I chose the juke box just to be different and have the slightly retro feel that would contrast with the vibrant CMYK colours. I chose to do the CMYK colours to keep it simple and limit my pallet. It made it easier for me to use them and also was inkeeping with my other current project, 'Colour4print.' Here is my final design..
Cant seem to get the juke box one to upload now so will try again tomorrow, but for the mean time - enjoy :)



I stumbled across some problems with printing my final design however, this being that you cant print out the 'over print' effect on a 4 colour CMYK printer. Something I hadn't taken into consideration when i produced it. I thought I was being successful in working with a limited colour pallet and experimenting with effects in the CMYK mode only to find that the effect would only show up in RGB on screen. Oh well. All part of the learning process!

PS VOTE FOR ME! x

No comments: