My Blog..

This blog is a place for me to record my work and anything about graphic design that inspires me. 
Enjoy :)

Monday 29 September 2008

Colour systems..

At the moment I'm learning about colour systems and print processes. These are a few definitions for the different terminologies.

CMYK (cyan/magenta/yellow/key black – 4 col process)
This is used in the most common printed process called litho or offset litho.



RGB (red/green/blue – screen based)



Greyscale (Black and white continuous tone, any shade of grey such as a black and white photograph)



Duotone (when a continuous tone image is printed in 2 or more spot colours – this
term is also generally used when describing tri and quadtones.

Spot colour (one or more specially mixed colours as opposed as a result of a CMYK or RGB mix)




Mono (one colour only plus the colour of the material it’s printed on)

No comments: