My Blog..

This blog is a place for me to record my work and anything about graphic design that inspires me. 
Enjoy :)

Monday 29 September 2008

Summer Project.. TAXONOMY

Over the summer i was set a brief to develop a set of visual journals that document/record and catagorise my summer through an investigation of colour, type and/or image. I had to select a colour and its appropriate complementary. These 2 colours were the chromatic focus of my visual investigation. I had to use at least 4 methods of recording e.g drawing/photography/collage/3D and it could only be documented in a set of A6 or A5 notebooks (no bigger).. So i set about collecting image and type in the colours yellow and blue. The majority of my collection was done through photography, however i also did rubbings and colleted found material, such as flyers, menus and clothes tags. The main focus of the brief was 'TAXONOMY.'
Definition:
‘Taxonomy – the science or technique of classification.’

No comments: