My Blog..

This blog is a place for me to record my work and anything about graphic design that inspires me. 
Enjoy :)

Friday 30 May 2008

Quote...

"Graphic Design is all around us, from the packaging that your food comes in through to the receipt you received or bus pass you used today; colour, space, image and type make up the core elements of design. These elements are what create the unique look of a product and are the building blocks for the whole brand: get the brand right and other marketing components will follow. Each of these elements creates the design by reacting with the others, for instance, the colour of the type has an effect on the image, as the space has an effect on the type and so on.

Graphic design has been with us from the beginning of time and will continue to be with us as we move forward into a digital age."

Something I found when browsing on the Grafik website. I like it, I'm forever trying to find out what Graphic Design is and this inspired me to look into it more. I think that it's a nice definition.

No comments: