My Blog..

This blog is a place for me to record my work and anything about graphic design that inspires me. 
Enjoy :)

Monday 19 January 2009

What is Storyboarding?

...a sequence of pictures created by a production illustrator to communicate the desired general visual appearance on camera of a scene or movie.
...a form of shooting script common for animated films for many years and now usually used for commercials, even live-action ones. It consists of a series of sketches showing key positions for every scene, with dialogue and descriptive notes below.
...a series of rough sketches that show the plot, action, characters, and setting of a film, used before actual filming begins.



The process of visual thinking and planning allows a group of people to brainstorm together, placing their ideas on storyboards and then arranging the storyboards on the wall.

...a production tool that consists of sketches of scenes and actions that map a sequence of events; helps the author to edit and improve the presentation.
…. graphic organizers such as a series of illustrations or images displayed in sequence for the purpose of previsualizing a motion graphic or interactive media sequence, including website interactivity.



So there we have it. A few definitions of what I am meant to be doing at the moment. Something I'm not very comfortable with yet or have a great deal of interest in wanting to do - despite it being a chance for me to illustrate... hmm perhaps I will warm to them the more I practice.

No comments: