My Blog..

This blog is a place for me to record my work and anything about graphic design that inspires me. 
Enjoy :)

Tuesday 13 May 2008

I'm still alive...

It's been so long since I last posted on here, i guess it's time i put some more stuff up.

I've finished and finally handed in my photography elective. I submitted all notebooks, research and 5 finals. I chose to use the black and white and sepia image from my trip up to Edinburgh and one of the Sage and other bridges in Newcastle. However after much deliberating about whether or not to use just city scape images or portraiture images for my finals i chose to include them both.
I shall put up a separate post of my finals later.

So now onto my final four weeks of the first year. Scarey stuff. I need to pull my finger out and socks up...
We have our final brief - 'Speaking From Experience.'
To produce a graphic response/graphic product/piece of work that makes a statement, comment, observation, instruction or gives advice about my experience of the first year of the course. Should be interesting. I have no idea what to do, there's a few ideas spinning round but nothing I've decided to go with yet.
I know how intimidated I felt and daunting it was for me starting the course. I can imagine how the newbies must feel knowing that they're going to be starting here in September.

I also have to think about what I'm going to put into my portfolio. This is gonna be hard! I'll have to root about and hope theres stuff good enough to whack in. I've got my first tutorial for that this coming Friday.

Errrrrm not much other goss really. I found this wicked illustrator though in a book hanging around the studio. He's called Tom Judd. He studied at Manchester Metropolitan Uni. Here's some his work. I think it's awesome. Totally fascinating and engaging to look at. He started doing notebooks and began a notebook one day that he wanted to do a page in every day for a whole year. Just spending aprox an hour on a page per day. He never prepared or planned just had a go every time he had some free time during the day. Some of them are observational and some are just completely random and weird. He just went with the way he felt that day. This is what I loved so much about it. His freedom to just express his feelings through drawing.





This is a link to his website

http://www.tomjudd.co.uk/

No comments: